Riptide Music Festival on Fort Lauderdale Beach is back and better than ever this year! Now three days long, the star-studded lineup offers something for everyone. Whether you want to enjoy oldies, new alternative, or urban live performances, you’re bound to dance on the beach and soak in some rays with a drink in your hand, all with your closest friends and favorite bands. Here’s our guide to surviving the festival, with a list of our favorite artists that you need to check out throughout the weekend as well!
In our experience, while it may be the first weekend of December, that doesn’t mean the Florida weather won’t be what we know it to be: hot and sunny. Be sure to bring the below items to make your Riptide experience the best it can be!
– Beach chair (low-rise only!)
– Non-professional camera or GoPro to capture the greatness of Riptide!
– Water (1 sealed bottle, up to 2 liters in size) … please stay hydrated!!!
– Bag/backpack up to 12”x12”, or a fanny pack if you’re into that.
– Have a Camelback? Bring it, as long as it’s empty!
– Gotta keep that phone charged! Bring a portable charger.
– Sunglasses, hats, bandanas – anything to keep your skin and eyes protected!
– Your tickets… duh.
– Debit/credit cards or cash. If you don’t carry cash, don’t worry! ATMs are available.
– Empty ziplock bags in case of rain. You’ll want to protect your phone, cards, and valuables.
– Have prescription medicine you need to take? No worries! Bring it in its marked bottle with your matching ID and you’ll be good to go.
Don’t see an item you want to bring to the festival? Check out their acceptable and prohibited items list: http://www.riptidefest.com/info/#items
Riptide is a dream festival for avid beach-goers and music junkies. The festival grounds are sprinkled with endless things to do while walking around. The second stage, Underground Village, offers opportunities to win free meet & greet passes for all 3 days of its performers! Want to chill out for a bit? Head to the ENO Lotus Lounge – brand new this year – for hammock hangs and great music! When you’re passing between the main and second stages, be sure to say hi to Ozzy The Octopus who erupts from the sand every year at Riptide! You won’t miss him. Forget your towels or sunscreen, even though we told you what to bring? Shame on you, but no worries. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine hold giveaways for those very items and more. Riptide also has an ultimate sports lounge, a wine garden, charging stations, and more. For all information on the above, and more, check out their experience tab: http://www.riptidefest.com/experience/
Now, what you’ve been waiting for: the music. Chances are, if you already bought tickets, you know who you want to see at Riptide. But, sometimes you have extra time and want to check out a few new artists and bands, and we want to help you with your choices. You might have heard of some of these, but if you haven’t, these are our 10 must see artists at the festival, along with a song of theirs for you to check out!